Our client, an indigenous engineering firm seeking to expand its workforce, requires the services of qualified engineering professionals.
5 months ago
- Participate in construction/engineering
operations and supervision activities with strict adherence to plans.
- Undertake tasks related to specific
areas of technical expertise or responsibility with high level of
- Ensure the use of appropriate methodologies,
systems and techniques in the performance of the job with strict compliance to regulation
- Ensure quality, adequacy and appropriateness
of materials and equipment used for all works to ensure acceptable standard of
- Produce and/or review drawings, including
working drawings, shop drawings and drawings for temporary works, and recommend
appropriate modifications as necessary.
- Review designs, technical specifications,
relevant calculations, costs and quantities to assist decision making.
- Carry out and/or supervise field
tests, laboratory tests and other tests to achieve QA/QC objectives.
- Assist in the analysis, evaluation and
interpretation of data gathered from investigations for sound engineering inferences
- Supervise the works carried out by
contractors, identify inconsistencies and suggest reasonable corrective
measures where necessary.
- Provide timely report of work and progress
including ensuring all requisite documentations are maintained.
- Work as part of (and coordinate own
work) with a multidisciplinary team to achieve common objectives.
- Exercise responsible and ethical
decision making always regarding company’s resources and adhere to code of
conduct, policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in
the field area of responsibility
- Promote the company’s values and philosophy in the performance of your
- Perform additional responsibilities as
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in
engineering or closely related disciplines.
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering,
civil and infrastructure works and designs. (Experience working on mid to large
scale highway/railway projects is an added advantage).
- Possession of relevant engineering
license (COREN). Candidates without this may be considered for support roles.
- Proficiency in use of relevant engineering
software, tools and equipment to deliver high quality error-free work.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant constructions/engineering
laws, codes, regulations and documentation requirements
- Ability to make technical computations
and calculations involving the application of engineering principles.
- Certification in project management is
an added advantage.
- Proficiency in use of BIM 360 Autodesk,
Primavera or related project management applications.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
skills and ability to apply technical knowledge.
- Ability to learn new techniques, follow
established procedure and work independently or with little supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively
across different levels as well as to effectively and professionally express
ideas to both engineering and non-engineering audiences.
- Effective self-leadership and ability
to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills with attention
- Ability to work within tight or varying
schedules and deliver within timelines.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and
demonstrate flexibility to a variety of schedules.
- Willingness to travel or relocate in
response to project needs.
- Candidates with specialty and
experience in the following areas are encouraged to apply: permanent way
engineering, maritime engineering, power supply, telecommunications design
engineering and signalling,
geotechnical engineering, hydrographic surveys and geographic information systems
- Candidates residing outside Abuja are encouraged to apply as the job is mostly field-based.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and a cover letter as attachment to [email protected]
with the subject as Application for the Post of Engineer. Ensure that your CV
is saved with your full name.
Deadline for application is 12th January,